Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fieldtrips, anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigreys5
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Fieldtrips, anyone? Reply with quote

Do you record fieldtrips? What do you consider a fieldtrip?

I usually consider museum, zoo, or other educational type places we go to as fieldtrips. What about you?

How often do you "go on fieldtrips?"
4given
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we count field trips. I usually make them educational, which is more than I can say for some PS field trips.

We try to take a field trip once a month or so.

A trip to the grocery can be a field trip if I'm teaching along the way. Usually our field trips are:

zoo, museum, science center, historical homes, memorials, caverns, post office, library,etc.
iamnettie
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we count them.....because we make them very educational.
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some field trips that we have gone on:

Ice cream factory
Potato Chip factory
Cookie factory
Car factory

Overnight trip to a storytelling festival a few hours away.

Weekend trip to New Orleans to see fantastic Egyptian exhibit at museum.

Weekend trip to the national storytelling festival.

Local museums of all kinds.

Zoo

Circus

Plays

Concerts

Camping

Swimming

Still to come:

Gun range
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Fieldtrips, anyone? Reply with quote

I count field trip days as school days.

I consider anything where I take the kids out of the house and go somewhere and do something that could in any way whatsoever be the least bit educational to be a field trip.

Sometimes it's to walk around the front yard and observe butterflies. Sometimes it's a family trip including Dad for a week or more to some place far away. Sometimes it's running to the drugstore. Sometimes it's a walk to the playground (for PE, of course). Sometimes it's visiting a historic site and taking the tour. Sometimes it's getting together with other homeschooling families in our area for a party.

We try to go once a week, per the recommendation of a dad I took a class from at a convention years ago.

Ramona
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: