need help to get started HS my two girls

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

chefmunn
User

need help to get started HS my two girls

Postby chefmunn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:14 pm

I am canadian living overseas in St. Lucia. W.I ( caribbean) and want to start HS my daughters. I am trying to get a program out of canada but so far , no go. Can anyone help put me in touch with a HS program out of Canada, Vancouver prefferably? Are there any HS's out there in SLU? Thanks Pls. reply to chefmunn@candw.lc.

Theodore

What do you mean by program, exactly?

Postby Theodore » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 pm

What do you mean by program, exactly? A curriculum? A homeschool group? Some sort of state-approved school?

chefmunn
User

Postby chefmunn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:48 pm

Hi, thanks for responding, I think I need a whole program with the curriculum and books etc. all combined so i can teach my daughter at home, send work in etc. If there is a web site that offers this great or an actual school that has programs ofr overseas students so much the better. I am all new to this so am really unsure of what I need to be searchign for. It just seems very difficult out of Canada and there seems ot be so much in the way of this and sites for text books out of the US. I just know from a few friends one Australian an done American that they have a package of their specific grade level sent to them and they do the work, have the books and other materials required, send in the work and tests back and get graded and one had an actual school it was based out of and could get on line help and e-mail a teacher. When they were back in Australia they could go to the school and catch up and get help. Hope this clarifies my dilemma a bit :| Caroline

Theodore

Re: need help to get started HS my two girls

Postby Theodore » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:32 pm

I'm not sure what school that would be, but Christian Liberty Academy and Calvert School both offer distance learning programs along with their curriculum. You could also check and see if there are homeschool groups in your area that offer co-op classes, and there are a number of online schools you could look into for supplementary courses, such as Apex Learning.

easyhomeschooling
User

Idea: Do it yourself?

Postby easyhomeschooling » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:10 pm

:idea: Unless your laws are against it, you might wish to plan your own style of homeschooling. In a few words, you decide what you want your children to learn and then gather materials from various sources. Many of us do this and it is not as difficult as it might seem.
Lorraine Curry
FREE homeschooling ebooks, copywork and more!
http://www.easyhomeschooling.com

chefmunn
User

Postby chefmunn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi thanks for that I'll check it out much appreciated. C.

Return to “Getting Started”