Assistance in an address to many.

Want to contribute your views on the homeschool vs public school debate, or just looking for information? Post here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

genida
User

Assistance in an address to many.

Postby genida » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:07 am

Hello, everyone :)

[First, I suppose, I am new here, so forgive my initial enthusiasm. By mere glance I've seen plenty of threads I'll be greatly intrigued to read through and learn from. I have just recently found out that learning, per se, can be enjoyable.]

I live in Sweden and the concept of homeschooling/unschooling and public schooling as indoctrination with all its negative impact and so forth, is widely unheard of here. Books have been written, apparently, though if there's been a debate it's certainly cooled off to the point of non-existance.

Recently, though, I had an idea. Most schools in the entire country list their staff, and their email adresses. I'm in the process of collecting as many of these as I can.

To the point, then, I'm looking for help, ideas, people willing to work with me on what I should write to them. I will write them, and I want to do so en masse.... everyone at once, preferably when I've gathered several thousands or hopefully tens of thousands of emails. I want them to know, but what is the best way to say it?

A quick draft of it, in my opinion, would include introductions to the historical facts, as told by Gatto and, I think, Toffler. A great number of facts and references would be of primary concern, seeing as the knee jerk reaction of many teachers would be to ignore all this.
I suppose it should be easily read, quick to the points and as indestructible in fact as can be summed together.

So, please, if you would, any ideas?

/Gen.

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:20 pm

genida
User

Postby genida » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:31 am

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:40 am

seekingmyLord