Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need advice on an education experience for the summer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigreys5
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Need advice on an education experience for the summer... Reply with quote

I homeschool my two youngest boys year round. things are great there, and I have that covered for the summer.

My dilemma is that my step children (9 and 11) are here for 6 weeks.
My brother in law (14) is also living with us this summer. All three are ps in arkansas, doing well as far as we know. I usually like to incorporate some sort of learning experience with them into our "schoolday." Last year, they decided to work on their cursive writing, and I found some Jan Brett cursive lettering that they worked on one letter a day. Their choice. This year, since they are older (and we have an extra), I wanted to do a little more. I was thinking of letting them pick out any subject of their choice that they wanted to learn more about, and do all they can researching it, and organizing a report/ lapbook thing.

What do you think or are there any other suggestions? I know my daughter will want to be the "teacher's helper" and also planned on that, but I want them to be interested and have something to show at the end of the summer.
bellfam11
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny - we have a Michael, a Gabriel and a Rebekah too - plus a few more (not the same ages).

"In Him we live,

and move,

and have our being." Acts 17:28
4given
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think letting them choose a subject to delve into is a wonderful idea. Sounds as though you've got it together.

My only question is...do you have room for 4 more boys? Laughing
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my brothers is going to explosives camp. I so wish I could have done that one myself!
Allene
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so NOT going to tell my dh that there is such a thing as an explosives camp. HE would want to go and he was excited enough when he discovered the Backyard Ballistics book. Smile
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that like potato guns and so on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: