Alpha Omega anyone using this? Pro's and con's? I like the..

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

goodgirlquin
User

Alpha Omega anyone using this? Pro's and con's? I like the..

Postby goodgirlquin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:08 am

samples I was sent.

ccmmum
User

Postby ccmmum » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:57 pm

I used it for two years. It is a good program and easy to use. We got tired of the workbook approach and decided to go with a literature based program for this year. But I will more than likely use individual subjecs from it in the years to come.
Alisa

goodgirlquin
User

Thanks ......

Postby goodgirlquin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:17 pm

I really liked it's layout esp. for my son because he will only be in 3rd next year.
Thanks for your opinion.

never*alone
User

Postby never*alone » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:37 pm

New here-- just jumping in!

I have used it for 2 years for everything except math (we use Saxon). My son used it for 4th and 5th grade and my dd used it for 1st and 2nd. (my son used SOS for Bible) I think it is wonderful for starting out-- having 10 units made it so easy for me as the teacher to plan out the school year and keep us on track.

Now that I have 2 years under my belt, I am planning to branch out more and use other curricula. I will still use some Lifepacs and some SOS but i will be using other things for Language Arts and History.

Tabz
User

Postby Tabz » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:11 pm

This is the primary curriculum my parents used with me (with Saxon Math) and we really enjoyed it. My sister used the first year of SOS - and my mother swore up and down she wished she had that when I was in school! :)

I loved the layouts and it helps reinforce what you just read every step of the way.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”