Getting to Know You.....

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Kimberly
User

Getting to Know You.....

Postby Kimberly » Wed May 09, 2007 7:42 am

Wife of my best friend (for 20 years) and Homeschooling Mom to three boys (ages 15, 11 and 9) and two girls (ages 8 and 6).

iamnettie
User

Postby iamnettie » Wed May 09, 2007 8:53 am

4given
User

Postby 4given » Wed May 09, 2007 9:22 pm

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri May 11, 2007 5:07 am

Lenethren
User

Postby Lenethren » Fri May 11, 2007 12:06 pm

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.-Goethe

Kimberly
User

Postby Kimberly » Fri May 11, 2007 1:20 pm

Thanks so much, everyone, for resonding. I really enjoyed reading about you and "getting to know you." I enjoy reading people's posts more and interacting with them if I know a bit about them.

Mark, I enjoyed reading a bit on your site Thanks for the link.
Wife of my best friend (for 20 years) and Homeschooling Mom to three boys (ages 15, 11 and 9) and two girls (ages 8 and 6).

Calla_Dragon
User

Postby Calla_Dragon » Fri May 11, 2007 5:50 pm

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

Kimberly
User

Postby Kimberly » Sat May 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Wow, Calla Dragon. You certainly live up to your signature! It sounds lke you are very busy. I take my hat off to you for being able to do all those things. I think it is great that you are involved in so much.

su
User

Postby su » Sun May 20, 2007 11:24 pm

My name is Stefani and we live in Oregon. My hubby runs a landscaping business which we want to use to teach the kids about work and business.
We have 5 kids: 15 y/o boy, 13 y/o girl, 10 y/o boy, 7 y/o girl, and 5 y/o girl. We are pretty into sports, playing soccer in the summer, ultimate frisbee until it gets dark too early, and this spring discovered homeschool baseball league!
The kids and I really like horses and riding, and got to use a friend's horses for 4-h a couple of years ago, which awakened the dream of my youth to be a horse trainer. The opportunity to work with the horses only lasted a year, but we occationally get times with them other places (mother-daughter horse camp last month! :D )
We love to be outdoors, particularly in the mountains (hubby and I lived in a schoolbus and tent for 3 years - long story). We would like to be in the mountains, but currently live in farming country (beautiful, but unfortunately toxic :cry: ) We also prefer a more wholesome lifestyle.
We have been more involved in our church in the past too, but have scaled back to try to grow more relationships within the homeschool community. My heart is particulaly moved toward the children of Africa, and we hope to work with some missions there someday.
We would like to be more musical, but seem to have difficulty finding the time!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot one of our favorite past times - bird watching. We feed them and provide as many nesting places as we can. We currently have one box with tree swallows and one box with violet-green swallows nesting on our porch :D . The robins have already successfully raised one brood. We spend too much time just standing at the window watching them. But I'm trying to redeem the time spent by having the kids journal about the birds.
My how I've rambled! Probably told y'all more than you wanted to know. Guess I felt chatty.
Blessings!

Kimberly
User

Postby Kimberly » Mon May 21, 2007 7:01 am

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Mon May 21, 2007 9:49 pm

Ramona
User

Re: Getting to Know You.....

Postby Ramona » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:54 pm

micheller79
User

about me

Postby micheller79 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:41 pm

Well, after all those very diverse interesting people, i feel kind of boring.
I am michelle and i have a daughter age 10, who is hs. My husband is a truck driver. I am 46. He is 39. We have been married for 15 years. My daughter went to public school until the middle of third grade. We still haven't solved that mystery. She just had a meltdown, and gradually we started the homeschool route. This is the end of my first full year of hs. It has been a journey. I am still very double minded on the whole subject.
But, anyway, nice to read everyones history. this site had been very helpful.

tiffers
User

Postby tiffers » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi I'm Tiffany and we live in corpus christi tx. I'm new to this site and very new to hs'ing. I have two girls (2 and 4 yrs old). Throughout the last 3 yrs ive met some awesome hs moms that have got me excited about hs'ing. My hubby and his parents were totally against it in the begining but my hubbys coming around. I decided to start early and to try an impress him with all they can learn from being at home. We have our oldest in a 2 day mothers day out and I'm hs'ing her the other 3 days. We like to call it "fun work" lol Bc my girls r always asking to do there work.

Anyhoo, ive been a sahm since my oldest was born (before her I worked in daycares and was going to school to be an occupational theropist) and my hubby is the manager at enterprise rent a car, but will be changing jobs in a few months to be an insurance adjuster for desasters (tornato damage, hurricane damage etc.).

I wish I had more interesting things to say...such as were musical or attend church often but we r lacking in both. We r currently looking for a church, so maybe we will be more involved soon. :)

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”