Rosetta Stone Language Programs

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

novo4
User

Rosetta Stone Language Programs

Postby novo4 » Wed May 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Those who have used these, how do you like them? Do like a different program more? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Heidi

StellarStory
User

Re: Rosetta Stone Language Programs

Postby StellarStory » Wed May 09, 2007 5:03 pm

novo4 wrote:Those who have used these, how do you like them? Do like a different program more? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

One of my kids likes it a lot, one doesn't as much. It's an immersion program which only confuses me but it seems to be good.

There isn't a writing component to it. It's all word recognition and pronunciation, from what I've been able to tell.

One great thing about it, is that the kids do the lessons and send me the score. I don't have to grade it myself. They each had a hard time starting off so we are redoing the first part of the course because a C doesn't cut it.

Now they are getting A's and B's on it.

Stellar

Dolly-VA
User

Postby Dolly-VA » Fri May 11, 2007 9:57 am

My kids (and I) are using RS Spanish. One is on Spanish 2, the other and I are on Spanish 1. We have the "homeschool" version which is very good, imo. And, there IS a writing component. For my dyslexic daughter, I've cut this out, but my 13 yo and I use it. I really like RS, but I haven't tried any of the other computer language programs out there so I can't compare.

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Fri May 11, 2007 10:02 am

What or where is the writing component?

Thanks,

Stellar

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”