Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with CRCT in Georgia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgigglebrain
User

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Need help with CRCT in Georgia Reply with quote

I am required by law to give my son the CRCT this year and don't have the first clue how to even go about ordering/buying the CRCT. Please tell me there are some Georgia residents out there who know how to do this.
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the law for GA says you have to take a national standardized achievement test every three years beginning at the end of the third grade. Test scores are not required to be submitted to public school authorities, and the test certainly doesn't have to be the CRCT if you can find another national standardized test you prefer. However...

http://doe.k12.ga.us/curriculum/testing/crct.asp

If you read the ppt presentation there, you find that everyone is assigned to one of 12 districts, and I think you have to have the district get you a user name and password so you can take the test online. If the district wants you to take the test, I assume they can help you with the details of how, have you tried asking them?

Incidently, GHEA has some info on other tests you could take instead:
http://www.ghea.org/pages/testing/standardizedTests.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: