School give hassles?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

momofone
User

School give hassles?

Postby momofone » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:26 am

Since we are in NJ, we aren't required to notify anyone, but I have read where people have volunteered the information to the school... out of the kindness of their hearts, as well as getting supplies.

I am thinking the less they know the better. As far as I am concerned, after everything I have read is that schools are just as political as government.

I don't want to be biased, but it's difficult. Have any of you had horror experiences with schools after volunteering the information? I am guessing they have to be more cooperative if you are required to alert them, but then again with politics, :P

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:57 am

The schools are political animals devoted to running smoothly and getting more funding each year rather than kids education and well being.

I notified the schools on the last possible day, the day I took my kids out because I was worried about what thier teachers and admin might say to the kids or how they would act.

Though they were all nice to me. It seemed to be quite a blow to the teachers that my kids were going to be home schooled. One teacher resorted to begging my daughter to stay.

Other than that, there were no problems. I looked up the laws. Did the right paper work. There was really nothing they could do. We've had no contact with them since. I prefer it that way.

I suppose I'm a bit bitter. I didn't like turning my kids over to them all those years but thought it was for the best. Clearly I came to understand it wasn't for the best. I feel if they'd done what they should have my kids would have been happy and safe there. They didn't.

Happily, we are much better off now. Our family is much smarter and more content these days. Each year gets better.

Stellar

Return to “Getting Started”