Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overwhelmed..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommyof6kids
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Overwhelmed.. Reply with quote

I seem bombarded with lessons and keeping the kids on track...

I have an 8 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old, I am trying to incorporate Science and History/Civics lessons together with the older one have more in depth work..

Has any one done this?
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Overwhelmed.. Reply with quote

mommyof6kids wrote:
I seem bombarded with lessons and keeping the kids on track...

I have an 8 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old, I am trying to incorporate Science and History/Civics lessons together with the older one have more in depth work..

Has any one done this?

Some people feel bombarded, but you know, with dc as young as yours, there's really no reason to feel that way Smile

It would be helpful to know what kind of teaching materials you're using, and what state you're in (you might be trying to overcomply with your state's requirements).
4given
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Weaver Curriculum from Alpha Omega Publications is specifically designed to overlap grade levels while giving the older students more in depth studies. I have not used it and do not know of anyone who uses it, so I cannot give a recommendation. It may be something you want to check into, though. Good luck!

Sheila-HS mom to 4
mommyof6kids
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are more ecclectic in our stlye.. I have never bought curric. I just find what works ( and what doesnt) .. ( most of it free).

And I haven really bothered with State req yet.. we just moved from a state where there were none..and its pretty lax here.. The princpal of the elem school here homeschooled her kids so I am not too worried.... yet Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: