Transcripts?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

spacey_supergurl
User

Transcripts?

Postby spacey_supergurl » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:08 pm

I am stuck. The college I am applying to needs my sister to make up transcipts for the classes that she taught me, but we don't know how to write them up. I live in Illinois so the rules are pretty lax and they just need her to document the grades and such. Does anyone know how to or a link to an outline of a transcript? Please help!

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:23 am

A college transcript is basically a list of all the courses you've covered, what your scores for each one were, and what your overall GPA is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading_in ... ted_States

...and if you have standardized test scores (AP, CLEP, DSST, etc.), official documents showing what those scores were as well. For courses you don't have test scores for, you'll also want to include a basic overview of what the coursework covered, and if possible, samples of your work. The overview is relatively simple, just search for online high school / college syllabuses using Google, and include a copy of a syllabus corresponding to the material you covered. Make sure, of course, that you actually did cover the material.

When in doubt, ask college admissions what level of detail and what sorts of info they're looking for in a transcript. Admissions officers like homeschoolers, they'll generally be happy to explain things to you. There's also transcript software you can buy, though that's more for keeping track of things as you go along than for constructing a transcript after the fact.

Ramona
User

Re: Transcripts?

Postby Ramona » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:44 pm

We downloaded a simple, free, usable transcript template from the HSLDA website.

We filled it in and it was accepted by our auto insurance company for our ds to get the good-grades discount.

Ramona

Return to “Getting Started”