Heads up for homeschoolers

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Calla_Dragon
User

Heads up for homeschoolers

Postby Calla_Dragon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:20 am

Found this article on one of my favorite blogs. I wanted to pass it on to get the word out to homeschoolers. This is another example of trying to regulate and control homeschoolers by preying on their doubts in their ability to instruct their children....and the state steps right in to offer their blessing for a parent to educate their own children.

This program is currently voluntary, but eventually it may be mandatory. This is especially true if they think they have even the slightest interest from the homeschooling community. It only takes a few homeschoolers volunteering to do things that are not legally binding to eventually make all homeschoolers comply with the same.

You do not need ANY certification to teach your kids to read. Don't be fooled into thinking this program is out to help you.

http://yedies.blogspot.com/2007/04/homeschoolers-sharing-letter-that-i.html#links
To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

iamnettie
User

Postby iamnettie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:41 am

creepy!

4given
User

Postby 4given » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:14 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Calla Dragon. Reminds me of the old sheep in wolf's clothing story.

Return to “Homeschool Law”