SOS vs. lifepac

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

harrisfamily10
User

SOS vs. lifepac

Postby harrisfamily10 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:02 pm

I have been trying to find a good computer-based curriculum program for my 5th grader. This year will be our first hs experience (she's transitioning from a private Christian school). I do not understand the difference between the SOS and Lifepac curriculums from Alpha Omega. I am interested in these, but unsure how they differ. I am also open to other computer curriculums but do not want expensive enrollments into online academies. I prefer Christian based, but not limited to that--we incorporate our life from Biblical principals etc, so I could suppliment Bible teaching into a non-Christina approach to learning. However, I do not want any anit-God teachings like evolution, etc. Thanks for your help.

angw8
User

Postby angw8 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:08 pm

Hello!
I don't exactly understand your question.
Lifepacs aren't computer .They are print text as far as I know.
SOS is.
We have used some of both.
They are ok.I wouldn't put my child in front of a computer all day.
But SOS is probably among the best.Standard is fairly high academically.
Lots of reading in the one we were using .

Why don't you ask Alpha-Omega to send you a sample disk ?They offer this on their website.
Ang

Higher than the highest human thought can reach is God's ideal for His children. ...

harrisfamily10
User

Postby harrisfamily10 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:13 pm

I understand now why that seems like a strange question. I guess I didn't realize that SOS was only computer and that Lifepac was not. Somewhere along the information overload, I thought Lifepac was also computer driven. Thank you for clearing that up.

Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:14 pm

information overload... :)
yeah, that seems to be where I operate at since this began.. :)

welcome to the forum, btw. :)

mark

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”