Thinking about starting a co-op

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

nichole13
User

Thinking about starting a co-op

Postby nichole13 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:56 am

I have a great group of friends at church who are indecisive about where they will be sending their children to school, although all of them have said, "anywhere but public school". They all have children under the age of 3. My daughter is only 8 months old, but I feel led to start a co-op with my friends and some other children in my community.

I know I have a while before I truly have to consider this, but I wonder if it's best to start organizing things now? Do people co-op preschoolers? If I should be starting this process now, what should I be doing first? I am so overwhelmed with the idea, but I know it's the Lord's leading, so He will see me through all this:)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Nichole

angw8
User

Postby angw8 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:58 pm

Hello Nicole !
You haven't actually stated what your goals with the co-op are .
Do mean a kind of support group or are you thinking of a plan where the mothers do education activities together ?
Or ,because of the age ,are you thinking play group?

Maybe a support network where you pool homeschooling resources for each other's benefit would work.I am think of books on homeschooling rather than curriculum. You could even consider sharing educational toys ,if they are strong and unbreakable.Buy them together and rotate them?
Ang

Higher than the highest human thought can reach is God's ideal for His children. ...

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:14 pm

Return to “Getting Started”