I think I've made a huge mistake......

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Brandee
User

I think I've made a huge mistake......

Postby Brandee » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:43 pm

Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:00 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:49 pm

http://www.ncdnpe.org/hhh103.htm
http://nche.com/law.html

Apparently, you're supposed to file a Notice of Intent prior to starting, but they hopefully won't make a big deal about it as long as you go ahead and file immediately. There's a link to a sample form on the first page. It might be a good idea to join HSLDA just in case, however.

Incidently, note the part about proof of high school diploma or higher. You'll have to include a copy of your diploma.

Brandee
User

Postby Brandee » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:54 pm

babyblueeyes
User

trudency

Postby babyblueeyes » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:10 pm

Can you really get in trouble for having your child out of school for just 4 days? I wonder if that person your referring to had excessive absenses with their child prior to requesting to homeschool.. My daughter's missed most all of this year and I have been served with paper's to go to court next month. But... her school doesn't do such until after 10 days are missed. Plus a parent can excuse with a note 5 days for their child. Alot of the days she missed were doctor excused. Once they get her attendence fixed right (which they have all messed up), I won't even be past the 10 days. They counted her absent when she was at school and during homebound. After reading this, I am wondering if I could still get in trouble even though it's not past 10 days. I tried EVERYTHING to get her to go but she has school phobia and won't tell anyone why. She was at the point of opening the car door when I would be driving her to school and making harmful threats. When everyone told me they could take her away from me (which was nothing but a lie), I tried to get the principal to force her to stay but he wouldn't because he didn't want to disrupt the class. All they tried to get me to do was file charges on her with Juvenille or lock her up in a mental institution. I mean, alot of help, they were... I told them I would go to jail before I'd ever see her put in jail. Well now I'm getting my wish.. I have been approved to homeschool her but I'm still worried about this court issue.

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:18 pm

micheller79
User

babyblues

Postby micheller79 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:03 am

dakeeper
User

Postby dakeeper » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:28 pm

i am alos from NC and its pretty easy...my son is 6 and we don't have to file an intent until he is 7..so you are fine...the only time you would get "grief" from the Public school is if they were older than 7, and then its still not a big deal, just file your intent and keep a copy ...they were just being MEAN..IMO..
~Angie~
wife to Wayne
Mom to Dylan(6) and Alayna(2)

wrightno
User

hello

Postby wrightno » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:59 pm

HEY BRANDIE,MY NAME IS NATASHA,I LIVE IN ST.AUGUSTINE FLORIDA.I HAVE A SON IN KINDERGARTEN,AND HE CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL YESTURDAY WITH A BURN MARK ON HIS HAND.HE SAID ONE OF THE KIDS IN HIS CLASS BROUGHT HIS BROTHERS LIGHTER TO SCHOOL,AND HE BURNED HIS HAND I WAS SO SO UPSET.NO NOTE CAME HOME WITH HIM FROM SCHOOL ABOUT THIS.KIDS THROW FOOD AT HIM PICK AT HIM I JUST DONT NO WHAT TO DO.I SEE WHY PARENTS ARE PULLING THEIR KIDS OUT OF SCHOOL.
natasha w.

ScottHughes
User

Postby ScottHughes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Return to “Homeschool Law”