Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Been homeschooling for three months now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorelei
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Been homeschooling for three months now. Reply with quote

I posted a few times a while back. I started homeschooling our 5 year old on January 2 and we've hit the three month mark. It's amazing to see the things he's learned in this short amount of time. He can already read sentences, he's learned his alphabet in French and has also learned to count to 20 in French. It takes us somewhere between one hour and 2 1/2 hours to do school depending on what we are covering that day. I let him get up whenever he wakes up but he never sleeps past 9am. We go downstairs to our school room and we do phonices, writing, numbers..then based on the day and what not we have a science book (God's World), social studies (community helper's) and we have an art book and do projects relevant to the time of the year/holidays etc. I also try to implement things throughout the day that go along with our studies. We've been working on God's Plan for Seeds in our science book and we are going to be planting a garden within the next two weeks. I also have a 2 year old and he is picking up on SO much just listening to us going through school things with Hunter. He can count to 12 and he can also say most of the alphabet in French as well as the entire thing in English. He also can count in French a little.

Just wanted to share how things were going for us. Hope you are all doing well!
mdsmomct
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Mom! It sounds like both your dc's are flourishing. Very Happy Keep up the good work.
4given
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: