need help new to homeschooling

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Jen76
User

need help new to homeschooling

Postby Jen76 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:56 am

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:26 am

That certainly sounds like a situation where homeschooling is called for. Here's a thread on the legalities of homeschooling in Missouri, and a list of Missouri homeschool groups. We also have an entire area of the forum devoted to curriculum discussion.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Dolly-VA
User

Postby Dolly-VA » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:07 pm

I really feel for you and your daughter! I ended up pulling my 7th grade son from public school in October. 7th grade is the first year of middle school here and, as far as this middle school goes, a totally miserable place to be. (My eldest is 18 and always maintains it was the worst school year of his life.) I had no thoughts of homeschooling prior to pulling my son from school, but he was so miserable at that point that even the idea of switching schools did nothing to alleviate his stress. That said, homeschooling him has been, for the most part, a great experience. I had no idea he and I would both like it so much. I'd say, if you and she are both motivated to try it, then do! I'd be glad to offer you any advice for a new homeschooling mom of a 7th grader (that just about describes me) just pm me and I'll write you back!

Take care and good luck!

wrightno
User

hello theo/moderator

Postby wrightno » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:51 am

natasha w.

Jen76
User

Postby Jen76 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:36 am

wrightno
User

HELLO ALL

Postby wrightno » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:32 pm

I CALLED THE SCHOOL TODAY AND SPOKE TO THE ASSISTANT PRIN.ABOUT WHAT MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME ABOUT HER TEACHER THROWING HER BOOK ACCROSS THE CLASSROOM.I ASKED HER IF I COULD PLACE MY DAUGHTER IN ANOTHER CLASSROOM,SHE SAID THEY WANT TO SET UP A CONFERENCE WITH ME MY DAUGHTER HER TEACHER AND THE ASSISTANT PRIN.THE ASSISTANT PRIN.SAID THEY WANT TO NO I GUESS FROM THE TEACHER IF HE INDEED THREW MY DAUGHTERS BOOKS ACCROSS THE CLASS ROOM.I BELEIVE MY DAUGHTER NO MATTER WHAT THE TEACHER SAYS.THIS IS WHY IM WANTING TO HOMESCHOOL.I HAVE 4 KIDS ALL BUT MY OLDEST DAUGHTER IN HIGHSCHOOL,WANT TO BE HOMESCHOOLED,THEY ARE TIRED OF BEING PICKED ON AND MISTREATED.
natasha w.

Jen76
User

Postby Jen76 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:23 pm

I know how you feel thats what they wanted to do to when i had probs with one of my daughters teacher and it didnt slove nothing that same day i had the meeting with him he told my daughter that she probly couldnt pass the test they had and when she did called her a cheater. I am sick of how teacher treat students now days it sure wasnt that bad when i was in school the worse i had to deal with is the teacher werent willing to teach me what i needed to learn. I say again even though I am new to homeschooling I would go for it if i were you
Jen :)

easyhomeschooling
User

Homeschooling 7th Grader

Postby easyhomeschooling » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:05 pm

I think this is an ideal opportunity. Not only will your child be able to be "protected" from the time-wasting attacks, ridicule and negative feedback, she will acquire a new interest in school as she helps plan her curriculum. Yes, take her into the planning. Even though there are basics to cover, she can learn a lot by reading and studying her own interests as well.
Lorraine Curry
FREE homeschooling ebooks, copywork and more!
http://www.easyhomeschooling.com

Return to “Getting Started”