Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notice of intent to homeschool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikesell04
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Notice of intent to homeschool Reply with quote

Hi I am new to homeschool this year. We filed our notice of intent electronically. I got an email saying it was successful king submitted to our school district. That I would need to wait for a confirmation email from Arkansas Dept of Education, before we are finalized homeschoolers.. I filed 5-30-14 and still have not got a comfirmation email?!? Did you file electronically?? How long did it take to get your comfirmation email?? We have all our curriculum and supplies, just waiting for this stinking email??
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Notice of intent to homeschool Reply with quote

Mikesell04 wrote:
Hi I am new to homeschool this year. We filed our notice of intent electronically. I got an email saying it was successfully submitted to our school district. That I would need to wait for a confirmation email from Arkansas Dept of Education, before we are finalized homeschoolers.. I filed 5-30-14 and still have not got a comfirmation email?!? Did you file electronically?? How long did it take to get your confirmation email?? We have all our curriculum and supplies, just waiting for this stinking email??

Wait...for what? Just start teaching your children. You don't have to wait for anything to do that.

Did you print a copy of your confirmation? Arkansas is not an approval state; that is, you don't have to have anyone's approval in order to teach your children at home. If you printed the confirmation, then you have proof that you did submit the form.

Did you check your junk mail? Sometimes stuff goes there. Smile

Here's the link to the Arkansas Department of Education document on homeschooling. Maybe there will be something in it that will answer your question. Smile
[url]
https://adedata.arkansas.gov/OnlineFormsPublic/Documents/HomeSchoolIntentParentTutorial.pdf[/url]
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Mikesell04
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Gina Mikesell,

Your Home School Notice of Intent was submitted successfully to YELLVILLE-SUMMIT SCHOOL DIST.. You must wait until you receive an e-mail confirmation from the Arkansas Department of Education stating your application has been reviewed before you are finalized to Home School your child(ren) for the 2014-2015 school year.

Arkansas Department of Education - Home School Office
Four Capitol Mall, Slo

This was the email I was sent, from Arkansas depth of education. Of course I can start now, but being this is our first year, I wanted to go by the book!! I have read all through their page and can't find anything on how long it can take to be finalized.. I can also log onto the ADOE site and check the status. Still says pending?? If I haven't gotten anything by Monday I'll just call and find out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: