overwhelmed

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Solwulo
User

overwhelmed

Postby Solwulo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:59 am

Hi I want to home-school my baby girl 3.5 years and want to start now.

I live in remote village in Honduras and i don't know anyone one home-schooling here.
Also i don't have the option to go to home-school fairs because there aren't any here.

How I start?

When i search online a curriculum I am overwhelmed with all the options I have. I was thinking about buying a used one to start off.

Can some one help me out?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 pm

We had good success with Calvert Kindergarten, which sells internationally. You could start there, then transition to basic math, a phonics program, etc.

Coach_John
User

I agree - about Calvert

Postby Coach_John » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:19 pm

We homeschooled for 5 years (two different grades) from China with Calvert - they were great with the shipping, etc.

We did use Saxon Math as time went on and had someone from the states mail it to us. We supplemented that with DIVE for Algebra.

Our son recently graduated from Homeschool Highschool and our daughter is in 9th grade (homeschool).

We have used other curriculum in jr. and sr. high also so feel free to ask questions.

John
Check-out our free Guide to Creating Custom Homeschool Electives: https://communitasity.leadpages.net/lp-eguide01/

Return to “Getting Started”