What about your portfolio?

How do you organize what your children have done into a record of work? Discuss this and other related issues here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

jan
User

What about your portfolio?

Postby jan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:24 pm

What about your portfolios? How do you all set them up? when do you all have to send them in? ect...ect...???

janzeiger
User

Florida

Postby janzeiger » Fri May 11, 2007 6:56 pm

Here in FL you need work samples, a log of educational activities, and a list of reading materials used.

micheller79
User

portfolio

Postby micheller79 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:40 pm

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:53 pm

frogguruami
User

Postby frogguruami » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:06 am

I am in FL and use an umbrella school so I am not required to keep anything but we do lapbook for science and history, keep a book of centuries (CM timeline) and an art scrapbook. We also are beginning to do literature journal books. Spelling, math, etc. just get tossed IF we even bother doing it on paper.

If I had to do a portfolio today, I would include:

chapter review or test page for math

review pretest for spelling each week

pictures of each lapbook for the actual portfolio and bring a few examples to the evaluation. However it would be impractical to bring everything to an eval since we do more than 20 lapbooks a year (this year it will be more like 30). I keep each and every lapbook and we revisit them and expand on them often but I don't include them in the actual portfolio.

photo essays from fieldtrips separated into subject topics, social studies, science, art, pure social, physical ed, etc.

lists of topics covered in each subject, I have a scope and sequence in my computer and I would probably include that with the appropriate year highlighted

literature list, included on the scope and sequence

Free reading book list

photos of any extracurricular activities we do, archery, 4-H, violin

photos of a few of my favorite pieces of art

Keep in mind I would include far more than what is required because I am a bit obsessive. LOL
AM, homeschooling mom to Drake and Kyllian
www.seilerclan.info

Return to “Recordkeeping / Portfolios”