So many choices...

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Sandy
User

So many choices...

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:58 pm

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:43 pm

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

summersmom34
User

Check this one out

Postby summersmom34 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:11 am

Linda

su
User

Postby su » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:25 pm

I love the idea of real books, like Sonlight offers. I love the Weaver approach, unit studies based on Scripture. I love the thought of classical education.
That sound like me! But because of limited funds, and my own disorganized ways, I've just used a little of this and a little of that.
How many times have you switched curriculums?How many of you bought something you thought would be perfect, only to find out your child didn't like it at all?Because I have been pretty eclectic, I've tried a number of things. I find one program for a given topic, try it, and if it works, use it; if not, it gathers dust! Sometimes it even sits on a shelf or in a box for a while before I even try it out! Used book stores (or the used sale at a curriculum fair) make this test driving of a program more affordable!
Someone just recently told me about Ambleside Online too, and I have gotten sooooo excited! I just may be able to teach the kids the way I have wanted to for years (10 years, to be exact), but just haven't found the right helps to do so. I highly recomend you checking this site out!! :D

groovyhsmama
User

Postby groovyhsmama » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:13 pm

I think I will mix and match until we figure out his learning style.

Groovy

Calla_Dragon
User

Postby Calla_Dragon » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:45 am

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

easyhomeschooling
User

To "Confused" ;)

Postby easyhomeschooling » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:33 pm

You really do not have to spend tons of money trying all kinds of different curriculums. You have the general idea of what you like, so just use them. All you need is a simple plan, choosing subject areas and topics to cover, then read and write or narrate on what has been read. You can even use the library or etexts.
Lorraine Curry
FREE homeschooling ebooks, copywork and more!
http://www.easyhomeschooling.com

Randigale
User

Re: So many choices...

Postby Randigale » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:06 am

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”