Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I serioulsy need help please ( I want to go to college)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
So confused
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: I serioulsy need help please ( I want to go to college) Reply with quote

Hello as my user name implies I am utterly confused and I am getting so depressed and everything feels so hopeless. Let me explain I am a senior and I want to apply to college but I have no idea how to go about doing it. I was homeschooled in newjersey so I didnt need to provide any proof to the district nor did I tell the school I was being homeschooled.

I controlled what I learned there were no records being kept or curriculum being follwed I checked what my public school was learning and follwed along. I think I did pretty well I know as much as my friends who go to the public school.

* I was homeschooled from second quater 10th grade to 12th grade my gpa was 2.7 un weighted and a 3.07 weighted . I decided to be homeschooled due to excessive bullying and I move around alot.

At the moment I am in florida lost and confused about what do i send to the college

do I have to take the ged due to lack of records

Do I have to take AP test

I also was not involved in any homeschooling group

Please help me any help that can be given I will be forever grateful for and sorey about the super long post.
SuperGiaJ
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get onto Google, enter this into the search bar:
applying to college for homeschoolers

You will find many results, some which should pertain to you even if they're not for the college you're considering.
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need either a portfolio of work, or standardized test scores, or a GED. You will also need to take ether the SAT or the ACT. I highly recommend doing as much CLEP and AP as you can cram in, since that negates the need for portfolio for those subjects, and makes it much easier for colleges to compare you to other applicants.

FYI, I cobbled together a distance learning degree at Thomas Edison State College, using AP/CLEP test scores (these often apply towards college credit for your first two years), portfolio review, community college courses, online courses, courses from UMSL, etc. I have chronic health problems and worked on the side as well, so the flexibility helped. If you still have to move around, or just want a college degree at an affordable price (mine cost about $25K overall), this may be an option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: