New preschool homeschooler :)

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

avancamp23
User

New preschool homeschooler :)

Postby avancamp23 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say I'm already getting SO much from reading everybody's posts. This forum is incredibly helpful and thus far assuring me that I'm not a total failure. ;)

My daughter is 3 1/2 and we just started homeschooling her in the fall. However, I am still completely clueless as to where she should "be" for her age. The more I learn about homeschooling, the more and more I fall in love with its concept.

I suppose I have a few concerns. 1) I don't have enough "structure" or a curriculum. But I am learning a little bit about un-schooling and at this time this method may fit our budget a little more and her attention span. 2) She is learning to put letters together and writing a little but I don't want to push her too hard. She is also *very* easily frustrated and I'm not quite sure how to motivate her. She loves arts, crafts, and the outdoors. But when its -2 degrees outside, it becomes hard to incorporate nature into learning. ;) 3) Will she be able to also respect me as her "teacher" as well as her mother? 4) Will she be jealous that all of her friends are in "regular" school and she isn't?

Sorry for so many questions! Any advice would help! Thanks everyone! :)

Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them!" -Matthew 19:14

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 pm

Return to “Getting Started”