Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello, Crystal Ball question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inovation
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Hello, Crystal Ball question Reply with quote

Hello All

I am a semi recent new parent and already can't help but look towards the future.

I am so torn on the home school vs public/private school choice.

Without getting into a pro's/cons debate over what is best I would like to get some feedback from people who have a better understanding on what the future of home schooling will be in 4-5 years.

Personally I have a vision in my head that a great online program would be available that would work along with the traditional homeschooling methods.

So I guess any information on current online programs and any future projects in the works.

I would also like to hear flat out opinions,speculations,theories on what the future holds in regards to online home classroom advancements from the home school community

Thanks for any info
SuperGiaJ
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that public school education will make a slow transition to being available online, especially with the Common Core (if it can hold ground). Just look at many universities and their online offerings/classes/lessons. More are considering online degrees, though it will take time for them to be fully accepted by businesses.

There's certainly no reason why a public school education couldn't be done online. Resistance to change will be its biggest hindrance though.
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common Core is proving to be a government propaganda tool, though. In theory it was a good idea, in practice I would try to stay as far away from it as possible. Regarding online schooling, the tech is all here for group video chat and sharing materials in real time. I think that is the future, supplemented of course with traditional forum discussion and online assignment submission. There are just some things that are best discussed with a teacher in real time, whether that's a tutor or co-op member or whomever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: