Hello, Crystal Ball question

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

inovation
User

Hello, Crystal Ball question

Postby inovation » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:27 am

Hello All

I am a semi recent new parent and already can't help but look towards the future.

I am so torn on the home school vs public/private school choice.

Without getting into a pro's/cons debate over what is best I would like to get some feedback from people who have a better understanding on what the future of home schooling will be in 4-5 years.

Personally I have a vision in my head that a great online program would be available that would work along with the traditional homeschooling methods.

So I guess any information on current online programs and any future projects in the works.

I would also like to hear flat out opinions,speculations,theories on what the future holds in regards to online home classroom advancements from the home school community

Thanks for any info

SuperGiaJ
User

Postby SuperGiaJ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:58 pm

I agree that public school education will make a slow transition to being available online, especially with the Common Core (if it can hold ground). Just look at many universities and their online offerings/classes/lessons. More are considering online degrees, though it will take time for them to be fully accepted by businesses.

There's certainly no reason why a public school education couldn't be done online. Resistance to change will be its biggest hindrance though.
Gia Johansen - IT & Education MatchMaker :-)
Super-Reader.com Reading Comprehension Worksheets

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Return to “Getting Started”