Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Recommend Some Beginning Math Curricula

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndmuscutt
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Please Recommend Some Beginning Math Curricula Reply with quote

So here's the scoop. My daughter is Senior Kindergarten, age 5 and we are starting her schooling this year. The last year we spent teaching her to read using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. Continued on with Funnix 2 and she's doing great!

Now I want to get her started on math. It was easy to find out about good resources for reading, but a lot harder to find out about good math materials. I know there are many, many experts on here when it comes to teaching and I was wondering what some of you would recommend for a 5-year-old starting math. Thanks and God bless you!
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Saxon. You could try taking a look at that and see if it's the right style for you.
LadyJorexzill
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I love the Kumon workbooks for the basics. My son used them and is now working his way through Saxon and my older daughter is using them. IMO, they teach the basics really well.

Downside is they're $8 each, now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: