Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New memeber, aspiring children's book writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valentina
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: New memeber, aspiring children's book writer Reply with quote

Hello everyone! It is nice to see such a collection of people who are doing things differently and sharing their knowledge. I am looking to home school when I have kids in the future, so a lot of the resources and personal accounts provided here are very useful. I think its important to plan ahead, since homeschooling is a huge commitment- but worthwhile!
Right now I'm looking to begin writing and illustrating books for kids, and I wanted to get feedback from homeschooling moms and dads:
What do you consider to be a great kid's book or young adult novel? What do you personally enjoy about the books that are around your house? What do you look for when you buy a book for your kids or when you allow your child to take a certain book home?

You don't have to answer all the questions, just looking for a bit of insider information! Thank you.

Valentina.
homeschooledumpire
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I was homeschooled. I wrote some books for kids. I have not published them yet. How about writing a fun animal story?
Valentina
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeschooledumpire wrote:
Hi, I was homeschooled. I wrote some books for kids. I have not published them yet. How about writing a fun animal story?

I love animals and animal stories, so that is definitely what I have in mind! I was wondering what elements of a story make it memorable to you personally.
homeschooledumpire
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like adventure. How about something that keeps the reader in suspense?
mollywhite
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Write stories that teach a lesson Reply with quote

My home-schooled children and I have always enjoyed simple stories that teach a lesson about life, such as "The Tale of Peter Rabbit," which teaches kids to listen to their parents.

"The Three Little Pigs" is another good example. It teaches children that being prepared is one of the keys to success in life.

By the way, I got these two books plus others for free right here:

http://www.kidsfunreading.com
CouchPotato
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Unique Baby Shower Invitation
welcome to the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: