Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

learning stlye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliveoyle
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: learning stlye Reply with quote

Im trying to find the best way (and best math curriculum) to teach my 10yr old son who is easily distracted in school work. He fidgets and day dreams. He does better some times. He's reading ok for his age, was slower learning reading than my 7 yr old daughter. He is smart, I just need to figure out how to get it out of him, he can be lazy. He is crazy about legos, he follows the directions and creates his own. He has great imagination. I feel like he needs hands on learning. I'm not one of the "fun" moms who gets into the hands on stuff:) But I really have got to figure out what works to bring the best out of him. I've read about learning styles. I'm doing Power Tools for Literacy for his reading. Will be starting Power Spelling and My Fathers World together with his sister. She is so easy:) stays focused and gets it done. I thought about MathUSee. We do some math online like XtraMath and flash cards. Anybody experienced the same?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: