Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best places to get textbooks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewellmans06
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Best places to get textbooks Reply with quote

I'm searching up different textbooks. I have a lot of sites for worksheets but was wondering what recommendations you may have on books?
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendation is Rainbow Resource. They have low prices, a huge selection and product reviews. They will also send you a catalog by mail for free if you request it.

http://www.rainbowresource.com/
thewellmans06
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much!
thewellmans06
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much!
ergonzalez
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I like Rainbow too, but we've founs some good stuff in Amazon. I am not sure, but I think this is a good price for this book/curriculum.
i8urchicken
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking up the price of the Lifepac full curriculum (minus Bible) by Alpha Omega for a 5th grader, and honestly, the best price I found for the entire complete set of the 4 core subjects, NEW, was on Ebay. If I do go with the Lifepac set, that's where I will be buying it unless someone knows of a cheaper place. It's overall about $45 cheaper there then anywhere else. And again, it's new and the current editions, with the teachers guide. But be watchful, some sellers don't sell with the teachers guide.
ergonzalez
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i8urchicken wrote:
I've been looking up the price of the Lifepac full curriculum (minus Bible) by Alpha Omega for a 5th grader, and honestly, the best price I found for the entire complete set of the 4 core subjects, NEW, was on Ebay. If I do go with the Lifepac set, that's where I will be buying it unless someone knows of a cheaper place. It's overall about $45 cheaper there then anywhere else. And again, it's new and the current editions, with the teachers guide. But be watchful, some sellers don't sell with the teachers guide.

I found this at Amazon. I am not sure what the prices is on eBay.
Lifepac History & Geography & Geography 5th Grade There may be other subjjects too.
josh_chs
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you can get better prices off of other sites besides Ebay and Amazon as they don't have to worry about seller fees.
luluxiu
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I go Lifepac set, then I would buy a cheaper place, unless someone knows. It's a whole about $ 45 cheaper then other places. Again, it's new and current versions, with the guidance of teachers.
ChristinaC
User

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this thread because I was looking for a place to sell the books I used for homeschooling my daughter and son. Any help would be appreciated! But I think I can help with some ideas where to buy books, so here goes: There's www.homeschoolingbooks.com for complete packages (and they have Christian based stuff, too), and www.homeschoolsupercenter.com seemed good for entire curriculums that are accredited. I have personal experience with www.scholastic.com, though they aren't exclusively homeschool, and there's a whole directory of materials at http://www.oldfashionededucation.com. Can someone help me with selling my books? Has anyone used homeschoolclassifieds.com? A friend of mine from the states used a place to get rid of their college books (it's a super long url I shortened it: sell textbooks) but they won't take any of my older books, nor anything that's not directly college related (and, nor did they offer me much help where else to go). Throughout schooling my daughter, I've purchased several math books (algebra, and even pre-calc!), and for my son, quite a few science related books like astronomy and biology. I won't sell my bibles (I'd prefer giving them away rather than selling them). Any help would be appreciated, even if I don't get much money for them, they're better in the hands of someone else rather than collecting dust. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: