Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile Android games for my children 1 and 4 years old.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jensha
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Mobile Android games for my children 1 and 4 years old. Reply with quote

I have 2 children 1 and 4 years old. Was trying to keep them busy, and found this cute game for my 1 year old daughter
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.forgeeks.animals&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImV1LmZvcmdlZWtzLmFuaW1hbHMiXQ..
All these cute animals make her so happy, and she played it for like 15 minutes on my android and was extremely amazed.
Tthen I started looking for something for my 4 year old son, and came up with this one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.forgeeks.pyramid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImV1LmZvcmdlZWtzLnB5cmFtaWQiXQ..
It lets him develop logic and get to know colors. Wonder if anyone has some more games to share for android, please post bellow.
PinkLady
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have an android device for our children to use. What do people let their kids use? Do you give them your cell phone or do you buy something else?
Berenice
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give my phone to kids, it's a lifesaver sometimes when they are bored and I do need to keep them busy. My phone is still alive Smile
martin parker
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Pete the Pony Reply with quote

Pete the Pony is lovely game with 9 levels, it is suitable for younger children. Pony jumps, collects goodies and game control is very easy.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartsuricate.jumpy
Mattandavid
User

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually was going to start a new thread when I saw this one, lol...

I know it is a little old, but thought I would try and ask on here anyways.

My 3 and half yr old really enjoys playing on my Ipad, and sometimes when waiting in a doctors office or on a road trip in the car I just give her the pad and she plays games.
Now, I concentrate on the educational stuff, as I would like for her to get something out of it other than just entertainment.
Looking for some recommendations. I have some free games that I have found, and some 1-3 dollar ones also.
Toddler challenge is one that comes to mind. Along with Fish School HD.

I'm looking for others that some of you may have experience with. Games that are effective at teaching basic concepts to toddlers like colors, numbers, letters, shapes, etc.
mamakrout
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son is almost two. For iPad/pod/phones we love Endless ABC's. Tally Tots is another favorite. Any of the Miss Spiders stories are great. Monkey Preschool Lunchbox, Little Fox's Music box and Alien Buddies are also some of my son's favorites!
n171n
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: my first post! Reply with quote

My 3.5yr old loves our android tablet. Here are Apps that he loves/loved, but is now getting bored and on the lookout for a new challenge. We have not started giving our tablet to our 1 yr old except for the occasional YouTube videos.

- All the Little Critter books (Me and my mom, When I get Bigger)
- All the Dr. Seuss books (Cat in the Hat, 1 Fish 2 Fish)
- Monkey Preschool lunchbox
- MonkeyMath
- Giraffe Preschool Playground
- Picasso - Magic Paint
- Kids Paint & Color
- Tracing ABC Full
- Smule/KeyChord/other Piano app
- YouTube (a life saver in many ways educational and entertaining!)

We use Kids Place to control what our son can and can't do on the device. This is a must have!

Would love to get feedback/ideas from others on Apps for this 1-5 age range!
TheresaHPIR
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3.5 year old son still loves KIDS ABC TRAIN by IntelliJoy. It's a little below his level right now, but I like that it incorporates actually tracing the letters...plus, it has trains, lol.

He also loves Zoo Keeper for some reason...in that one, you feed animals in your zoo, then clean up their poo. Repeat.
Vikram_Kyle
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Nice game for kids..i like it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: