Card Game of History?

The one place in the forum where you can freely advertise your local events, services, commercial products, etc. Let others see what you have to offer!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Would you buy a game like this?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Need more information...
No votes

Total votes: 1

americanparchment
User

Card Game of History?

Postby americanparchment » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:14 pm

I designed this game: Historical Conquest to bring History and Education together. I have been working on it for 10 years and need some feedback. I want to put it out for Homeschooling parents to look at and see if they have any critiques or ideas. What do you think.

Here is a link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fas ... h?ref=card

Tell me what you think?

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:26 am

Appears like it might be fun, but there are a million card games and you won't be able to get away with pricing this very high. That means guaranteed failure unless you can get major distributors interested. Have you tried taking what you have so far to distributors to see if -they- think it looks good? If you actually have what looks like a successful business plan, you can probably have more success getting investors.

americanparchment
User

Pricing...

Postby americanparchment » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Theodore,

Kickstarter is not a store to sell your goods, instead it is a program to help introduce your product or project to the world. People can pledge to it in order to help the person start their project. Those pledges listed on the side of the page are thank you gifts for support. The price of the game is actually competitive, if not less expensive, then almost all competitor. The actual prices are found at http://www.historicalconquest.com/ . But thank you for allowing me to explain that confusion. If you would like a copy you can either buy the product or support us further with Kickstarter.

I can guarentee this is one card game of a million and that you will enjoy it. Give it a chance. Thanks.

Thanks for the conversation,

Zack

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:57 pm

americanparchment
User

Those are the prices.

Postby americanparchment » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:23 am

Starter packs are $10, boosters are $3. These prices were set years ago and have not increased since, even though our competitor's prices have.

As you know with Kickstarter, your 'pledge' does not go through until the goal is met. At that point we will reprint the 2nd edition making a few changes to the game and adding over a hundred new characters. The printer, who is a supporter of this game, is already chosen and will be printing them at cost, in America. We have an aggressive marketing plan to follow the 2nd edition printing as well.

We are currently awaiting multiple game reviews and hope to post them online as soon as they go public.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Zack

Return to “Local Events, Services, Commercial Products”