How To Form A Local Support Group

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Juloyes
User

Postby Juloyes » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:33 pm

I wonder if I can resurrect this thread??

I'm wanting to start a homeschool group that meets in a local church but isn't religious necessarily. We'll have a mix of Christians and LDS folks who I truly believe can peacefully coexist and respect one another.

On the one hand, I'm passionately Christian and will share my faith anywhere with anyone and try to be tactful and respectful and not pushy about it, so in some ways I feel like even if my group isn't Christian, by my lifestyle and my love for other people, my faith will be made evident. But then I almost feel like I'm not being faithful by not making Jesus central to the group...I want to include my LDS friends for sure and not make them feel awkward about being there, but I also don't want to compromise on the Truth.

Is this making ANY sense??? We're in a very small, remote Western town so stuff like this matters....

THOUGHTS??
Julie

4given
User

Postby 4given » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:00 am

It makes perfect sense... and if you were in my area I'd be very interested in joining. I have searched high and low for an inclusive group, though I am Christian. IMO, you would not be betraying Jesus by forming a homeschooling group that centers around homeschooling.

SUZI9876
User

Postby SUZI9876 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:09 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:25 pm

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Married to Mr. Ellie for over 40 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Servant of 1 kitteh

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:47 am

Have to find the people first, though, unless you already know enough homeschoolers to organize events.

Return to “Getting Started”