Help with Curriculum. Daughter has learning disability

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Bridget060504
User

Help with Curriculum. Daughter has learning disability

Postby Bridget060504 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:38 am

Hello! I am pulling my 16 year old daughter out of public school for her last 2 years. She has IEP in school. I have had her tested for possible autism/Asperger's but they tell me she doesn't have it. She definitely has some brain function issues. She is anywhere from 4-6 years behind in almost all areas. I have tried to start doing some online placement testing but that is proving to be more of a challenge than what I thought. What I want to do is concentrate on basic grammar, vocabulary, spelling and writing. I will mix in some comprehension. She is very black and white minded and not abstract. I also need to go back to basics for some math. I don't anticipate her going to college but I want to teach her some things that will be more like what she needs to function in society and real life skills. Any advice on curriculum? I am considering Easy Grammar and Math U Can See. For math especially I am looking for more of a real life application. If I use Easy Grammar what should I use for the rest of language arts? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:26 pm

JennyPortman
User

Postby JennyPortman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:40 am

Great PC Educational Games Packages for Children - which speak to your child using his own name(!!!)

coronahs
User

Postby coronahs » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”