Suiting Up for Deep and Unknown Waters

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Snemelka
User

Suiting Up for Deep and Unknown Waters

Postby Snemelka » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:04 pm

The subject says it all. I'm SO excited to begin this homeschooling journey with my 6 year old boy. I also have a four-years-old boy, a one-year-old girl and a baby boy due in March. I don't intend to have a structured curriculum for the four-year-old yet, but I let him do whatever he's interested in doing while the older one is taught.

I would like to use different modalities and mediums to teach concepts, and I need guidance on how to build one concept on another for a streamlined learning experience. I would love a curriculum that offers suggestions and options for teaching each concept from a variety of modalities and mediums, but that does not require the use of every one offered. Am I dreaming?

I need to be able to have days where my full participation is not necessary, to be able to put him to work on worksheets or something, to cover sick days for example.

I would like to be able to include 4yo in learning some things that do not require levels of learning (science, literature etc).

I would like him to be above his peers in performance in areas in which he has natural aptitude, and equal to them in most others. He would be starting 1st grade Fall 2012.

Do you have any suggestions for me?
Let Freedom Ring.

Return to “Getting Started”