Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starfall.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandysand
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Starfall.com Reply with quote

Hello, my daughter is 3 and I just recently introduced her to the starfall.com website so she can learn to read. I think it's wonderful resource and I'd like to know if any other parents have had success with this site? how old was your child when you started using it?
kgianforti
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started my dd on starfall.com when she turned 3 in May. I think it's a wonderful site as well but she seems to have become bored with it!!!

But she has learned to read (simple stuff) with it and learned the difference between 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional shapes, for example. So it's successful but I think she's ready for something a bit more now...any suggestions??
4given
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son was 4 when we began using it, but that's because we didn't know about starfall prior to that. He enjoyed it and learned from it, although we did not use it exclusively... Horizons was our curriculum.
luvtolearn
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love starfall. My little girl started using it when she was 3 1/2 with assistance. Now, she is almost 5 and is all over it. She loves it because there is so much that she can do independently. I do try to sit with her occasionally though, because I feel that she get's more out of it educationally if I help direct her a bit. I find this with leapfrog products too.
TandLMommy28
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am soooo picky about reading materials and lessons and I adore Starfall! My two year old constantly begs me "Letter B, mommy, letter B!" He likes B the best! My 4.5 year old can read a lot of the stories and she gets a kick out of it.
tash
User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my daughter will be four in a couple of weeks. I saw this thread yesterday (thank you) and set it up on her laptop today. SHE LOVES IT! They were just singing the abc's and she started doing her happy dance. I like that I am over here on my computer feeding her brother while she does the site by herself a few feet away.

Does anyone know of a site similar to this that does math? I didn't see math on starfall.......
staceyrella1
User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Awesome!!! Reply with quote

My son loves starfall he is four and we have been homeschooling him Kindergarten. It has been a great resource in phonics as well as reading. He remembers the phonics rules and can put them into practice.
cycle1667
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 4 year old daughter has been using the Starfall site for a little over a year now and it still holds her attention unlike many other programs she has experienced. She recently has become quite good at navigating the site herself, until she clicks on something outside the frame and then the wheels fall off.
TheresaHPIR
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little one is 10 months old, and together we've explored the site a little bit. I still need to do all the navigating, but he loves watching the little alphabet lessons and hearing the stories. He loves the letter L; its the first letter in his name, so we concentrate on that one.

I do a lot of work at home on the computer, and he always wants to join. His idea of computer work involves banging on the keyboard or "typing" random buttons. I figured if he's interested in the computer, StarFall is a nice, educational compromise. He keeps his hands poised as if getting ready to type, but he stops beating the keyboard long enough to sit enthralled at the videos for awhile.
Jakk
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 5 yr old loves the Starfall website too. I signed her up for the ClickNKids and she really likes it. I like that it builds on each lesson and gives me a report of how she did at the end of each lesson. I dont know if the ClickNkids still has the promo but if you type in SAVINGS you get 40% off.
BYO Playground
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Starfall Reply with quote

What do you like about Starfall? How has it help your child? We are looking to help our kids read better and there are tons of resources but a testimonial would be great if you don't mind giving it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: