homeschool grants

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Bojang1
User

homeschool grants

Postby Bojang1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Anyone have a lead on them? I have been doing home school umbrella services as well as home school the children on our farm and really need supplies and computers. We are writing our own curriculum using Waldorf and Steiner methods but could use some help with that too as in enki or christopherus or live education. Help
Thecla
Frankfort, KY
We believe in the principle of oneness, dynamic balance, cyclical growth and harmonious action.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 am

I've seen this asked a number of times, don't think there's a good answer. To get a grant, you'd have to be officially part of the public school system - maybe as part of a charter school - which would make you, by definition, not a homeschooler. There might be a homeschool foundation somewhere handing out money and/or supplies, but if there is, I haven't heard of it.

On the plus side, computers cost like 1/5 what they did when I was a young kid, especially if you buy used off Craigslist or eBay or whatnot. You don't need a powerful computer to run educational software.

Return to “Getting Started”