Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I get jr high to allow my child to take some classes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azkids5
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Can I get jr high to allow my child to take some classes? Reply with quote

My son was homeschooled most of his life. He also has anxiety issues which were in check until he hit jr. high. I put him in grammar school last year so we could work on his anxiety in public, and I feel it is important for him for the daily exposure to school for this reason, but the whole day is too much. The changing of classes is a constant anxiety attack for him. Is there anyway I can get the jr. high to allow him to go to school part time? I live in AZ. Shocked
romacox
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

42 States offer Dual Enrollment. But I do not know if you son is ready for this yet...it depends on how much he has learned.

Dual Enrollment allows children to register for college courses for free until they turn 18. Many children have attained their high school diploma, and some have obtained a two year (or more) degree before reaching 18.

Here is a link to learn more about Dual Enrollment
http://136.165.122.102/mambo/content/view/42/57/
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd that their site forwards to an IP address. The page looks legit, but just to be safe, don't visit it with Internet Explorer.

EDIT: Just homeschool and supplement with community college courses.

Last edited by Theodore on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
romacox
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited it with Fire Fox, and it is suppose to tell you if the site is not safe. It did not indicate it to be unsafe.

Dual Enrollment is in Florida, and I have friends here who's children have a two year degree (for free) by the time they turn 18.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: