Best learning materials for kids

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

camille45
User

Best learning materials for kids

Postby camille45 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:07 am

What is your idea for the best learning materials for kids at home? Books, movies, or children's bible stories? Can you give some of the title

mdsmomct
User

Postby mdsmomct » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:18 pm

I don't know your dc's ages- but for my ds who is 2 he loves the leap frog dvd's for phonics, we have the song and story bible from amazon.com that is a bible and cd's that go along with it. He enjoys that. Books for us so far are only story books(and he likes way too many for me to type)- no curriculum yet as he is too young.

ronsky
User

Postby ronsky » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:21 pm

Give your children some videos that are educational. But you must watch with them... Also, if you want to them to interact with other kids, let them play outdoor to develop their skills and interest in sports.

Ramona
User

Re: Best learning materials for kids

Postby Ramona » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:36 pm

Toys to play with, the more old-fashioned the better, grown-up stuff to experiment with under your supervision, old storybooks written before 1965 (check out *The New Read-aloud Handbook* by Jim Trelease), and things in nature.

Ramona

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”