Yearbooks for Homeschoolers

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Miyu
User

Yearbooks for Homeschoolers

Postby Miyu » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:44 pm

My daughter has told me that she wants a yearbook. It wouldn't be hard to put the material together for one, but what about getting it published. Are there any companies that publish yearbooks for homeschoolers for reasonalbe prices?

Aurie
User

Postby Aurie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:54 am

We have a small publishing company in our very small country town that publishes fliers, brochures, etc. I am sure they could do a yearbook. It wouldn't be bound like a book. But I am sure they could fashion something. Do you have any small printing company or publisher in your area?

robinsegg
User

Postby robinsegg » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:09 am

Our group uses a local printer (you know, the type that makes up flyers, church directories, and the like).

Rachel
Rachel
teacher at home
The Cleft in the Rock Academy

Randigale
User

Postby Randigale » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:07 am

Another alternative would be to look at some of the photo printing companies online. They are starting to make books now and they are very nice. I didn't use the one I bought for a yearbook, but it could work.

Also, Creative Memories is printing books now and they are also very nice.

teenutter
User

Postby teenutter » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:38 pm

I was a volunteer at a private christian school for several years. One of my responsibilities was the school year book, with a very limited budget, and 20 children expecting miracles, I purchased several disposable camras and handed them out to the children when we went or did any thing and I kept one which I took pictures of every day activities. I developed the film and got the picture cd's and I made a small scrapbook, the children had their own page, which they put anything they so desired on, or the childs parent designed the page, we had a page for each learning center, ect. The school purchased a spiral binder (I'm not sure of the proper name for this thing I used to bind their yearbook) it was aprox. $30-$40. at the end of the year we printed one for each child and the parents paid for what it cost me to make this which was around $10 each (this was for 20 children - cost included paper and ink, I just paid for the film developing) I home school now and we still make a scrapbook on the computer and print it out so my daughter can show to all the family and her friends.

Return to “Getting Started”