High School Student switching mid term to Home School

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

dadyo
User

High School Student switching mid term to Home School

Postby dadyo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:58 am

My 10 th grader is considering switching from high school to home school. He is a straight A and B student.

Is anyone familiar with ED Anywhere? I have been trying to contact them and I only get a recording and no return phone calls. Is that a bad sign?

Can anyone recommend another home school program? We are located in Central MA in the Worcester area if that helps..

Also, Will he lose credits for the semester or the previous semester by switching mid term or mid year?

Any other advise appreciated...

thanks
daddyo

Theodore

He probably would if he were transferring directly, but...

Postby Theodore » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:07 pm

leaningpine
User

Postby leaningpine » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:18 am

My son is going to be homeschooling, and I also am in Massachusetts. I am brand new to this, and would like to lean on some more experienced than I.

I'll be watching this while I investigate the mazes and myriad departmental hurdles and hope I can figure out just *what* I am doing.

Theodore

You have to get your homeschool program approved...

Postby Theodore » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:28 am

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?State=MA

Apparently you have to get your homeschool program approved by the local school committee or superintendent, whatever that entails. I hope the fact that the local school loses revenue for every person who homeschools rather than public schooling doesn't influence them at all.

Return to “Getting Started”