The 14 days of homeschooling...

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Lenethren
User

The 14 days of homeschooling...

Postby Lenethren » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:26 pm

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.-Goethe

Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 pm

outstanding.... thank you for sharing it here. :)

bowenwendyrb
User

Postby bowenwendyrb » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:06 pm

su
User

Postby su » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:25 pm

micheller79
User

song

Postby micheller79 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:31 pm

That was good. I feel so alone sometimes. I need the affirmations.

riccalo
User

Postby riccalo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 pm

I can't believe I just found this post! It's so funny. I sung it with my 8 year old son and he loved it.

ontheprairie
User

Postby ontheprairie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:17 pm

Love that. I have always wanted to homeschool - since the time my first was two years old. When he turned four and school was only a year away I stressed and stressed because I wanted to homeschool, knew how good it would be for our kids but everyone else was against it and let me know. We sent him to school, then a year later sent our daughter to school. Five years later it is time to send out third child off to school. Each summer break, each Christmas break, each spring break I desired to just keep them at home. This summer my husband finally said - let's just do it, who cares what others day. I ordered the curriculum the next week and HURRAY - here we are.
My point (yes there was a point to this post) is that when my son's best friends' mom found out we were taking our kids out of school and homeschooling she asked me why we were choosing that. I told her the above story and she responded with "oh, I thought it was because of ... grade 5", as though grade 5 was something to be dreaded. I laughed. The reason she was thinking we were pulling our kids out of school is because I was on the advisory board the year we had to discuss sex education and me and one of the other parents found some of the information they were going to share with the grade 7 students too much. (but they sex ed starts in grade 5 so she assumed that was the reason).
After our conversation I realized that many of the teachers and parents will think the same thing she did - oh well.

oneofthegirls
User

love it!

Postby oneofthegirls » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:44 am

I have to keep a copy of this- this made me laugh..and helped me
destress a little- thanks for posting
:D
“When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.â€

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”