Calvert

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

azmomt
User

Calvert

Postby azmomt » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:43 pm

I am thinking about using Calvert but it is soooooooooo expensive! Does anyone use it and is it worth the money?? I also notice Connections Academy uses all Calvert and has become partners but it is a charter virtual online school but it is free with all Calvert stuff. Wondering if it is worth a try????

aubin
User

Postby aubin » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:34 am

I use it and love it. There are a lot of people on Calvert yahoo site and Calvert's website who use the charter schools.

I think it would be worth a try.

Randigale
User

Re: Calvert

Postby Randigale » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:38 pm

Tammy
User

Postby Tammy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:23 pm

Tammy

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:18 pm

We've used Calvert kindergarten a lot and love it, though the later grades get a bit dry imho, and my only feeling after completing grade eight was relief that I never had to see it again :) Everything is just so dang rigid, you even have to format your math papers just right or they score them down.

I guess it would have been more fun if we were just doing it totally on our own and ignored a few things like diagramming (useless and promptly forgotten...) and carefully templating math papers (also useless). I don't mind working hard if what I'm learning actually seems to have a point to it.

Incidently, Calvert 8th grade is equivalent to at least mid-level high school most other places.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”