Housekeepers

We figure you know what you want to talk about better than we do, so why not give us a hand in picking topics?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

brendawillis
User

Housekeepers

Postby brendawillis » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:20 pm

I have an idea that is a bit old-fashioned, but I think it may interest many homeschoolers. Many girls who homeschool do not attend college, but want to marry and start a family. In many cases she needs to wait a year or more after finishing school before getting married. What if there were a website or forum where homeschooling families who would like to hire a housekeeper or mother's helper could advertise? The girls could gain excellent experience handling a home and responsibilties with housekeeping or schooling children. Her "job" could be considered her "college" or maybe more realistically "boot camp".

Princess_Fyara
User

Postby Princess_Fyara » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:56 pm

Hahaha, :D as a girl who would fit those shoes, I can tell you I think that's a splended idea. I'm a graduate and find myself trying to find opportunities to help out with young Children and do house work for others. I teach guitar lessons and bake bread (give it to neighbors). My older sisters did some "Assistant Homeschooling" for a while and it was a real blessing for the mothers. Parents should be incouraged to send their daughters to help out in the community.

brendawillis
User

Housekeepers

Postby brendawillis » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:33 pm

I wonder how many people are reading these forums. I have just realized how powerful the internet can be for homeschooling and networking homeschoolers. I had only used the internet for ordering supplies and books, but the actual learning tools and networking possibilities are endless. Would the moderators consider a 'housekeeper' network on this forum if there seems to be enough interest?

Theodore

Sure. Anyone else interested?

Postby Theodore » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:22 am

Sure. Anyone else interested? And what would the new board be called? Housekeeping doesn't sound quite right, since you might also be teaching or doing yard work or whatever else happened to be useful. Let's hear some title suggestions.

Princess_Fyara
User

Postby Princess_Fyara » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:25 pm

It should be some kind of "Classified Adds" type thing with interaction and suggestions for girls interested in looking for the kind of work they should be doing. :) Maybe a bulliton board... Have to think on a name...

Theodore

Maybe "Homeschooled Helpers"?

Postby Theodore » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:53 pm

How about calling it "Homeschooled Helpers"? This might be something worth setting up as a database, since people will want to specify a number of different criteria such as geographic location, preferred setting, things you can help with, etc. and then search on these criteria for best matches. A board will do in the meantime, though.

Princess_Fyara
User

Postby Princess_Fyara » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Theodore

As per request, I've added a board for this...

Postby Theodore » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:06 am

As per request, I've added a board for this called "Homeschooled Helpers". Have fun!
EDIT: Board removed for lack of interest :o Feel free to post here if interested, however.
Last edited by Theodore on Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

growthis
User

housekeeping

Postby growthis » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:42 pm

I read the conversations regarding domestic help. We could sure use some. We are raising two grandkids, are retired, but need some help with the house and kids. These kids are the most important people in the universe and I won't trust anyone without that same frame of reference. I think home schoolers are taught in the home to preserve values, for the most part.

Anyway, anyone interested who loves their God, their country, has good morals, honesty and integrity, and would like to talk about being a domestic helper, please e-mail me at growthis@aol.com.

Thanks

Nikki
User

Postby Nikki » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:20 pm

I do not have a girl near that age yet, mine are 8-9, but what i wouldn't give to have a helper! Except I also have two teenage boys, How would that work?
It's not about where you've been, It's about where your GOING!

Return to “Suggest a Topic”