hello people

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

micheller79
User

hello people

Postby micheller79 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:23 am

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:42 pm

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

micheller79
User

thanks

Postby micheller79 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:56 am

thanks mom, you are right about the relationship, if i don't lay a good foundation now, those teenage yrs will be rough.

just want the best for her. and get a little frantic sometimes

thanks for advice

Ramona
User

Re: hello people

Postby Ramona » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:00 am

Hi!

We've been VERY busy lately!

We've always used the Christmas countdown calendars from the Friend magazine. 5+ years of archived issues including Decembers are here:

http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pdfmagazin ... -1,00.html

I have 4 girls and right now 3 of them are getting very hard to motivate for schoolwork. We always take the month of December off. We will go through tomorrow and then from Thanksgiving till New Year's is a holiday. (The youngest is totally wound up right now because her b-day is coming, followed by Christmas, starting Kindergarten curriculum, and moving up to a new Sunday School class.)

I might be the crankiest of all at this point. I already checked out the first bunch of library books I'm going to read during vacation. We just keep telling each other to hang in there till Wednesday afternoon.

Ramona

micheller79
User

thanks

Postby micheller79 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:42 am

thanks ramona, you are right, they are so wound up now, and in public school they just color and have fun during these months anyway, i think i will lighten up a bit thanks for the web site. have a good day

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:57 am

we take the week before Christmas off then we play with all the new presents. They think they have it off but we are doing school the fun way.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Ramona
User

Advent calendars

Postby Ramona » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:06 am

OK--I'm so bummed that the Friend magazine doesn't have a full-month Advent calendar this year.

I did an MSN.com search on "free children's advent calendars" and got all sorts of great ideas and was able to make one using materials from 2 or 3 different sites.

Ramona

JenniferSylvie
User

Postby JenniferSylvie » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:42 pm

I may be a little late, since it's already into December, but you could make an advent calander of sorts by using Christmas socks, different sizes and patterns, held onto a piece of string or yarn, by clothes pins numbered 1-25. In each sock you could but a variety of things, either small gifts or pieces of a puzzle that you could assemble each day or blble verses.

HTH
Jennifer
Mom to Max
Jennifer

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”