Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiarali
User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello, I daresay I should've found this forum sooner Smile My name is Tara, and I have three children. They are 3, 1, and due-in-June. We have just decided to homeschool through a school of distance education that uses the ACE curriculum. We have decided to start our eldest on the preschool curriculum in the next few weeks (my term 1 package is in the mail), not because we want to push her, but because she is desperate to learn to read, and we are insistent that she learn phonetically. It just seems easier to start her the way we intend to continue.

Oh yes, I live in Queensland, Australia. We have a lot less homeschoolers here than in America, yet apparantly a lot more than I knew about - I have found that there is actually a group in the town I live in that meet for support and social activities/outings. Very good Smile

I don't have any questions yet really, but I daresay that will come in the next couple of months!
su_san_joy2
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: hello! Reply with quote

Wonderful . . . . another Aussie !

Could you just please let me know how you found about the group of fellow homeschoolers ? I am desperately trying to find a similar group vis a vis my daughter who did distance ed through School of Distance Education here in Western Australia for Year 10. We are hoping for her to continue with homeschooling for Year 11 and probably 12. However, it would be wonderful to find some discussion/chat group for kids in similar situations. I just don't know where to start. Have googled until I can google no more !!!

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: