Anyone who has had double digits for more than 5 years?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

InTheMix33
User

Postby InTheMix33 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:02 am

me toooo! I have the first two seasons on DVD...and have never missed an episode. Don't you just HATE that chris and lorilai (sp?) are married!?!?!?
I LAUGH in the Face of danger!!..And then I run and hide until it goes away....

Miyu
User

Postby Miyu » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:31 am

tahirabs2
User

Postby tahirabs2 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:10 pm

Ramona
User

Postby Ramona » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:34 pm

Yeah.

So?

Lots of people marry their high school sweethearts--eventually. Lots of people get engaged by 17. Lots of people get married at 18. Some people get married at 17. I have several friends and relatives who got married at 17 after finishing high school and have had wonderful lives ever since.

I would much rather see a child get engaged and married young-ish than live the promiscuous lifestyle through their 20s that is the norm on TV these days, and maybe in society.

Ramona

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:49 pm

If those are your only two choices, I agree with you, but early marriages do tend to fail at a significantly higher rate, and it's probably better to get your education out of the way first and (in the case of the man at least) find a good job. Of course, you could theoretically graduate from college at 17 if you homeschool :)

InTheMix33
User

Postby InTheMix33 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:53 pm

why thank you ramona. Yes. I am engaged. I have been for half a year. I will be 18 in about half a year. I don't plan on marrying daniel until I am 18, and out of school. I don't really care for being judged. But do it if you must. I am a very responsible person, very smart, and very driven. I just happen to have a perk in my adolescence. I have found my life long partner early. I find nothing wrong with it..

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:28 pm

my husband and i were married at 18 and 19, and have been for almost 10 years. As long as you go into it for the right reasons, and you expect that marriage is a life long learning experience, have fun and enjoy your life together. Do yourself a fovor however, DONT have children right away, a mistake I made, make sure that you get to knowyour husband and how to best help him to be the best he can be. It will help a lot!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

InTheMix33
User

Postby InTheMix33 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:14 pm

I hope you dont mean that as your children are a burden and a giant mistake. We don't plan on having kids any time soon. Though we both really want a family some day, one reason I am with him, and are sexually active, however we are careful and understand that we arnt ready. He is 22. We are at different stages in our lives, he is working on a career, while I am finishing up school. We both respect that the other is doing different things and he is not rushing me, nor am I holding him back. We are not even discussing our wedding yet. It is a ways down the road. We just really wanted to make it official. We have been together for nearly 2 years. We got engaged on our one year. I have had other serious relationships in my life, as has he. This isn't just first love spur of the moment kind of stuff. I am very mature for my age, and understand what all this means. I know I will never, kiss, go on a date, or make love with another man again. I'm perfectly okay with that. I love Daniel. He loves me. I love his family and they love and accept me. Vice versa with mine.

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:25 pm

Children are a burden, but we love them anyway. I wouldn't change what we have but instead of having time to get to know eachother early on we have to make an extra special effort that's all. It's just easier to figure eachother out with out the extra distractions :D

I was also 5mo pregnant at the time we were married, my poor husband, graduated highschool, got married and became a father all in one year, a bit much. Not exactly planned, but neither were the other two. Just remember that accidents happen! :oops:
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”