teenagers

We figure you know what you want to talk about better than we do, so why not give us a hand in picking topics?

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

pamela glosson
User

teenagers

Postby pamela glosson » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:45 pm

I have a teenager who has been homeschooling for a year and is feeling like she's in a cage. We don't keep her from any activities or restrict her in anyway from friends. Any suggestions? :x

Theodore

What activities does she currently do?

Postby Theodore » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:03 pm

What activities does she currently do? Are any of them larger-scale activities such as swim team, regional math / spelling / science / geography / etc. contests, volunteering for community service, attending state homeschool (or any other) conventions? What activities would she be doing if she were still in public school? Some children are just used to having a lot of people around after spending time in public school, and home, even with socialization, seems somewhat more empty during the transition.

pamela glosson
User

Postby pamela glosson » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:33 am

She is in the same activities as she was in public school, in fact even more. She volunteers at a hospital once a week, she plays volleyball, attends church activities, and nursering home volunteer.
Pamela

Theodore

Could it have something to do with her age?

Postby Theodore » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:55 pm

Hmm, well then I have no idea what the problem would be. Could it have something to do with her age, rather than the fact that she's homeschooled?

Katharos
User

Postby Katharos » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:46 pm

If your daughter is not doing so already, I suggest she audit or take courses at the local college or community college. I have been doing that for the past year, and now most of my friends are college and grad students, which I love, as it is nice to be around people older and wiser than myself.

Against My Will
User

Re: What activities does she currently do?

Postby Against My Will » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:43 pm

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:08 pm

Return to “Suggest a Topic”