Fun activity for home schoolers

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

davidH
User

Fun activity for home schoolers

Postby davidH » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Hello,

My name is David, I am new to the forum but wanted to share a website I built that I thought would be a fun home school activity.

About a year ago, in an attempt to learn some new technologies (I am a web developer by trade) I built a website that allows kids to vicariously travel the world and discover new places, people and things. The site is located at http://www.flatadventure.com . You can read a bit more about the genesis of this site by clicking on the "About Us" link on the bottom of the page.

There is no cost, no advertizing, and no personal or contact information is required to participate. It is just a hobby site I built that my kids have enjoyed with their cousins, and I thought others would maybe enjoy it too.

If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know. I would be happy to gather suggestions or impressions, or ideas on how to make it better. I hope you enjoy it!
Last edited by davidH on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

dkocur
User

Postby dkocur » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:09 am

Hi David,

I clicked on your link and got a 400 error.

"This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address."

davidH
User

Postby davidH » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:50 am

Sorry about that, looks like my post tried to include the '.' character in the URL. I have edited my post so the link should work now.

Thanks!

dkocur
User

Postby dkocur » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 am

Much better.

What a neat idea! I'm at work right now, but I have a sneaky suspicion my kiddos are going to love it!

donnabrenton
User

Postby donnabrenton » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 am

link is not working..

philipsteele
User

Postby philipsteele » Wed May 18, 2011 4:12 am

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”