Writing

Phonics, reading, writing, spelling, grammar, vocabulary, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Deanna Willis
User

Writing

Postby Deanna Willis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:09 pm

janaleigh
User

Excellence in Writing-Student Writing Intensive

Postby janaleigh » Mon May 11, 2009 10:35 am

Yes absolutely! The Student Writing Intensive can be spread out over several weeks and if I remember correctly, they offer even more lessons plans online.

Watch it with your kids and you will be able to teach them.Feel free to PM me if you need more help-I'd be happy to walk you through it. We have had amazing success with this program!
Jana marriend to Mike 20 Years
2 Sons, ages 15 and 17
Homeschooling 7+ years
http://www.homeschooljungle.com
http://www.summerhouseliving.com

mikeclan
User

Postby mikeclan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I don't know if it is useful to ask the question here because this is an old post but still want to put my query here. Does intensive reading program really helps children in writing essay and term papers. As you said above its useful. Can you tell me in what way it is?

philipsteele
User

Postby philipsteele » Wed May 18, 2011 3:51 am

olivialeeper
User

Postby olivialeeper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:22 am

A brief rundown on the basic concepts of pattern and variation and how they can be used when writing

iriss
User

Postby iriss » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 am

If you plan your essay, it will only take you 5 minutes, and saves you around 15 while writing. Use transition words such as "further more", "indeed", "in-fact" and "first of all". It will make your essay flow. Go with the flow, and toss your ideas into your essay. Reading helps writing the essays quicker, and it turns out to be very good. Reading broadens your mind with new vocabulary that make the essay better.When trying to make a short essay for example a short essay about family fast, you might make a lot of spelling mistakes. It doesn't matter if the plot of the essay is really good, you'll still get a bad grade. Use spell check or have someone proof read it.

Return to “Reading, Writing, Language Arts”