Newbie in Illinois

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

thewellmans06
User

Newbie in Illinois

Postby thewellmans06 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:30 pm

KarenH
User

Postby KarenH » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Im from IL and will be HS are Daughter who will be in 5th grade! It's exciting and nrevewracking at the same time!

my email:

hitchen.karen@gmail.com

:)

thewellmans06
User

Postby thewellmans06 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks for sharing your info! our email is thewellmans06@hotmail.com It's a big step but I'm so happy we are doing so! Right now I'm trying to work out a letter for the school system about pulling him out. We have decided to have him stay to finish the year just because we aren't completely ready yet--but I cannot wait till that day comes!

KarenH
User

Postby KarenH » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Us too. If you go to ICHE www.iche.org they have sample withdrawl letters

KarenH
User

Postby KarenH » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:08 pm

have you decided on a method of teaching/curriculum yet?

I have been researching curriculum for 2 weeks now....it's a bit overwhelming.....Im trying to keep to the scope and sequence of 5th grade just making some changes here and there to fit DD interests.

thewellmans06
User

Postby thewellmans06 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks so much for that website! That's awesome! I had a few saved but there is so much info on there! Thank YOU!!

We've been searching for the last week but haven't decided on what we want just yet. There are SO many options out there.

Have you decided on anything? I've sent out emails to many of my friends who homeschool here in Illinois as well, but so many of them have kids younger than our son, so it didnt' do much in our decision making :) I agree though, I know we will be working a little extra on reading (my son has always needed a little extra boost there.) I'm hoping to make it fun and exciting I remember sitting in class for so long being so bored out of my mind---and yet learning so much more on my own at home--

Return to “Getting Started”